This publication is dedicated to the great double bass educator George Vance. He was internationally recognized as a pioneer of pedagogy for young bassists. He was on the faculty of the University of Maryland, and held a teaching certificate from the Institut International François Rabbath. In addition to lecturing and giving clinics around the world, he held his own popular annual workshop. In 1995 the International Society of Bassists presented him with a Special Recognition Award for his groundbreaking work. George’s many students continue his joyful work as teachers, performers, and advocates for music education. Enjoy these wonderful George Vance arrangements for double bass trios and quartets! All proceeds from sales benefit the International Society of Bassists.
Songs Included in Volume I:
• Music Box, folk song for bass trio
• Dona Nobis Pacem, three-part round
• Excerpt from Symphony No. 1 by Mahler, for bass quartet
• Allegro from For Children Volume 1 by Bartok, for bass trio
• Fox and Goose, folk song for bass trio
• Liebe ist ein Ring, folks song for bass quartet