Not all of the music on this disc was meant to be played in a house of worship. The pieces were chosen by my Japanese friends who strongly felt a religious experience when they heard this music. For certain, the Schumann "Abendlied" is so powerful that one can't help feeling that this music was inspired by the Almighty. The playing of the "Abendlied" and "Evening Prayer" alone are worth the recording.
1. Holst: I vow to thee, my country
2. Mozart: Lacrimosa from Requiem, K.626
3. Fauré: Pie jesu from Requiem, Op.48
4. Händel: Tochter ion, freue dich from "Judas Maccabaeus"
5. Greene: O thou my soul, bless God the Lord
6. J.B.Dykes: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty
7. Laudato sia Dio mio Signore
8. Duruflé Pie Jesu from Requiem, Op.9
9. Duruflé: Lux Aeterna from Requiem, Op.9
10. A.H.Malotte: The Lord's Prayer
11. Gounod: O, divine Redeemer
12. Franck: Panis Angelicus
13. Sibelius: Stille, mein Wille, dein Jesus hilft siegen
14. Veni, veni, Emmanuel
15. Schönster Herr Jesu
16. S.S.Wesley: The Church's one Foundation
17. Schumann: Abendlied, Op.85, No.12
18. Hemperdinck: Children's Prayer from "Hänsel and Gretel"